We are Stanfords Estates, and we are committed to safeguarding our users’ privacy whilst providing a personalised and valuable service. In this privacy statement, when we use the terms “we,” “us,” or “our,” we are referring to Stanfords Estates.
Stanfords Estates is registered in England and Wales (6208642) and our registered office is 30-31 North Street, Brighton, BN1 1EB.
Stanfords Estates is a data controller for the personal information that we collect and use on behalf of you. We will treat your personal information as confidential and in accordance with applicable data protection legislation. Your personal information will only be shared with others in accordance with this privacy notice and we will never sell on your personal data. By visiting and submitting information via this site you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this statement.
What information do we collect on our site?
In order to provide you with the best possible service, we sometimes need to collect information (including sensitive personal information) about you. We may collect and process the following data:
Data capture forms
We have a number of contact forms on our site. These are short forms that allow us to contact you regarding a service or property that you have enquired about. We will never contact you for any other reason unless you have opted-in to further communication from us.
We usually ask for the following:
- First and last name (so we know what to call you)
- Telephone number (so we can call you back)
- Email address (so we can contact you if we can’t reach you and provide you with email updates)
Selling or letting enquiries, valuations & offers:
- First name and last name (so we know what to call you)
- Telephone number (so we can get in touch with you to organise a viewing and update you on any offers received or rental applications for your property)
- Email address (so we can contact you or provide you with further information)
- Your selling status (so we can understand what stage in the selling process you are and offer as much accurate help as possible)
- Property details (your address and postcode will help us to provide you with an accurate valuation)
- On lettings valuations we will check you have consent to let and your landlord tax code if you reside overseas
- Potential tenants will be asked about their employment status and affordability will be checked
- At point of offer lettings tenants will be asked for guarantor information, if applicable and full employment information
- At point of offer or before in sales transactions, affordability to purchase will be discussed and checked
- At point of reference, tenants will be asked to provide previous address, landlord details and bank details for credit checking
We may collect the following information via Google Analytics when you use the site:
- Details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- Telephony log information like your phone number, calling-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls.
- Internet protocol address (IP address)
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware setting, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Google account.
We use a Google Analytics code on our site to gather statistical data. For more information on how Google Analytics process this information, visit: www.google.com/analytics.
What is a cookie? Cookies are messages that web servers pass to your web browser when you visit Internet sites. Your browser stores each message in a small file, called cookie.txt. When you request another page from the server, your browser sends the cookie back to the server.
- Analyse our web traffic using analytics package: aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website: a cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website: for example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences: the website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website: we may show your relevant content or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions and how some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
Security and retention of data
Here at Stanfords Estates, the security of your personal information is very important to us. Any information you provide us will be held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Laws and we have implemented strong physical and electronic security guards.
We do our utmost best to keep your data secure, however, we cannot give a guarantee that impenetrable security measures are in place.
The period for which we will keep your personal data will depend on the type of service you have requested from us. We will delete your data automatically after 7 years or sooner, if we don’t feel it’s necessary to keep. We may use the information to improve our services, inform our marketing strategy or if needed for a legal claim.
Your personal information will not normally be disclosed to third-parties. In some circumstances however, we may need to disclose your personal details to a third party, so that they can provide a service that you have requested. Please note that we will only work with third parties necessary to the completion of any services that you’ve requested from us and we only instruct third parties trusted to us based on their security procedure.
Controlling information about you
You have the right to ask us not to process your information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data for the marketing purpose) or if we intend to disclose your information to any third parties. You also have the right to access the personal information we hold about you at any time free of charge. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact Michael Keilthy if we do hold information about you, you can either ask us to correct any mistakes or request it to be permanently deleted from our records.
- Michael Keilthy
- 30-31 North Street, Brighton, BN1 1EB
- 01273 733334